TIME 10 MINS PREP, 40 MINS CHILL, 20 MINS BAKE
- Roll out the pastry to fit a greased and lined 8-inch pie/flan dish and line the dish with the pastry
- Leave at room temperature for 30 mins (resting), then trim excess pastry from around the dish
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (gas mark 6)
- Sprinkle the smRt dulse into the dish with optional wilted spinach**. (to wilt spinach melt a knob of butter/olive oil in a pot, add a little chopped garlic stir occasionally until spinach is wilted)
- Put the eggs into a jug and beat, then add the milk to the beaten eggs and beat further
- Pour the mixture into pie dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 mins or until the egg mixture is firm (tip: check with a skewer – it should come out clean)
- 17g smRt dulse/2 tbls
- 1 small packet of ready made shortcrust pastry (about 250g)
- 300ml milk
- 3 or 4 eggs
- 50g cheese (grated)
- **Optional, 75g spinach (wilted)
- Salt and pepper
You can add loads of interesting veggies.. like interesting asparagus or interesting mushrooms if you like!
Sound good? You can buy smRt dulse here.